Friday, October 22, 2010

Pain

If any of you think I have no problem dealing with pain, or am never IN pain, you are dead wrong about THAT! Hurting anywhere on my body (even for a short period of time) seems to be magnified many times beyond normal and feels like horrible agony to me.  Unless my mind is totally preoccupied with another activity, I tend to complain constantly about my every little ache and pain.   Who else out there has to deal with a LOT of pain every day? Please share....

1 comment:

  1. Jewels, you and your Mom are incredibly strong women. You should be great heroes to all young women today, and I love that you implore people not to drink and drive.I pray that you are able to get your pain under control.

    I know that my pain can be nothing like yours, but I suffer from headaches of varying degrees every day. In November of 2008 (at age 58) I suffered a cerebral aneurysm...and survived!I refer to it as the day my head exploded. Four brain surgeries later (1. clipping the aneurysm, 2. a craniotomy to relieve pressure from my swelling brain, 3. a roto-rooter [my term] job for an abcess on my brain, 4. reverse craniotomy [I got my skull pieces put back in!] after six weeks of IV infusion therapy of antibiotics for the brain infection). I used humor to help me get through everything; along with love, support, and prayer from my large family and my friends. I am back to work full time in a job I love (university library). I am grateful every day that God spared my life. I have learned that most everything is "small stuff" compared to what we can overcome. I feel like I really see the beauty now in all that surrounds me.

    Keep up the positie attitude and keep wriing those books.

    God Bless,

    ReplyDelete