Since my mom finally got around to donating my long ponytail to Locks of Love (after 10 years that it was ready to be sent), I decided I would also like to donate all the braces that I no longer use (for my legs, arms and hands) to a children’s hospital in Jacksonville. Here’s the best part…you will not hear that I did this 10 years from now; I’m going to do it THIS MONTH! I still wear splints on my arms, hands and feet for about 4 hours a day (when I am in my wheelchair) but these are very different to the ones I will be donating. Have any of YOU ever donated anything you have to those who have not?
Jewels: Congratulations on this unselfish act that will help somebody who is going through a difficult time. You, of all people, know what it is like to have difficulties in your life. I am so proud of you for doing this. Have a blessed day as you have blessed another person with your beautiful hair! Love, Maryellen
ReplyDeleteHi there Jewels. You know what I like to do? I like to go to the thrift store and buy things and then donate them. I think that's so much fun. Wednesday is half price day at the Salvation Army so I can buy books and take them to the Baptist Children's Home or the nearby nursing homes.
ReplyDeleteI also love to buy lots of silk flowers at the dollar store and take some of my cute containers I've saved and make some flower arrangements to be given to nursing homes. I try to do that seasonally....Christmas flowers, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, Easter and even spring or fall.
I also saved TONS of food containers and cleaned them all out and made flower arrangements in them and donated them to the church to use as center pieces on the dinner tables. Cool, huh?
I LOVE DOING THINGS LIKE THIS.