Wednesday, July 27, 2011

New home therapies for me

A company called Americare Home Health has been sending me a Physical Therapist and Occupational Therapist 2-3 times a week for the past 2 weeks!  I can actually move more parts of my body now, than ever before!    I know I am a quadriplegic, but if I try real hard, I can move every part of my body (even if it's ever so slightly). I'm giving it all I've got because I can see the results and I want to get better at everything I try to do.

My BIGGEST handicap is my speech.  I have been praying so hard that God will grant me the gift of better speech.  I've been told that I have a good sense of humor, that I am mentally alert and creative (which is why I have become a published author of children's books) and that I have a brilliant mind, but what good is all that if I can't express my thoughts clearly enough to be understood when I speak? Or fast enough to interject my thoughts into the conversations going on around me? I am also seeing a speech therapist, but that doesn't seem to be helping me much.    I am very frustrated right now, but I have the faith to believe that God will get me through this....somehow.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have any other means of communicating? If you have movement in your right arm, are you able to use a computer keyboard by yourself?

    ReplyDelete