Wednesday, February 2, 2011

How Am I Doing?

When people ask "How am I doing?" Here is my answer:  Even though I have to lay flat on my back 20 hours a day and have to wear splints on both arms when I am up in my wheelchair (so that they they don't curl up on me) plus special boots (to keep my feet straight), and now a special "hip abduction pillow" between my legs (so that my hips don't hurt any more when I sit up straight), I am always happy! I have excellent caregivers who take care of me 8 hours a day, 7 days a week and a mom who takes care of me for the remaining 16 hours a day.  I am never left alone.  My mom always prepares delicious meals that are fed to me (although I can eat "finger food" on my own since my right arm can move well enough to do that).  I have a TV on the wall at the foot of my bed, so I can watch it (or DVD's) every evening. I am excited about becoming an author (my first 2 books should be available to purchase next month...in March of 2011) and I have already finished dictating the next 4 books to my mom. My mom takes me (with a caregiver) to the movies twice a month and now I am going to start learning how to drive a motorized wheelchair!  I know I am facing a foot surgery soon, but that's OK.  I want to get some full leg braces so I can stand up with them on.  So, see?  I'm doing GREAT!  I always love it when you leave a comment (hint! hint!)

2 comments:

  1. I hope all goes well with making the books available for purchase next month.

    Do you have a favorite DVD that you like the most?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I live with 4 Chihuahuas, is it any surprise that Beverly Hills Chihuahua (1&2) are my favorites?

    ReplyDelete