Thursday, February 3, 2011
Orthopedic Evaluation
Today I was evaluated by Dr. Solis (an orthopedic surgeon that one of my facebook friends recommended). He told us that just having surgery on my left foot would not, in itself, enable me to stand up on it. I don't think his words were what my mom had hoped to hear, but I appreciated his honesty. He IS going to recommend that I be evaluated by a rehab doctor at Brooks Rehab, who specializes in this area, to see if I am a candidate for leg braces, or not. In the meantime, next month, I will start my lessons on learning to concentrate better so I can drive a motorized wheelchair (without bumping into everything in my path). Whatever. I'm a happy quad. God's will be done. I love it when you leave comments. My mom always reads your comments to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment