Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Physical Therapy
Brooks Rehab in Jacksonville has a new gym for people like me with neurological disorders, or brain injuries, to use! My mom took me to be evaluated there today. I don't think she was very happy with me because all I did was complain that I was cold and it hurt to use any of their equipment. I don't think I will ever choose to have more pain by forcing my body to move. I always like to sit with my head leaning back in my wheelchair because my hips hurt if I sit up straight (probably because my back was fused with rods about 10 years ago). There isn't much you can do if you can't even sit up straight without pain. I know she was hoping that I would become motivated to want to start going there once or twice a week, but it just wasn't for me. Since my body and speech don't function very well, I'm sure glad my brain is still sharp so that I can continue to be an author of children's books.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment