Thursday, January 20, 2011

In the Valleys I Grow

Sometimes life seems hard to bear; full of sorrow, trouble and woe.
It's then I have to remember, that it's in the valleys I grow.
If I always stayed on the mountain top, and never experienced pain,
I would never appreciate God's love, and would be living in vain.

I have so much to learn, and my growth is very slow,
Sometimes I need the mountain tops, but it's in the valleys I grow.
I do not always understand, why things happen as they do,
But I am sure of one thing, my Lord will see me through.

Forgive me, Lord, for complaining, when I'm feeling very low,
Just give me a gentle reminder, that it's in the valleys I grow.
Thank you for the valleys, Lord, for this one thing I know:
The mountain tops are glorious, but it's in the valleys I grow.

(author unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment