Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Letter From Jewels

Dear Everyone,
Twelve years ago today, when I was 19, we all know what happened to me that changed my life forever.  Yes, I was hit by a drunk driver.  Even though I know I have brain damage that affected my speech and inability to move, I am a very happy 31 year old.  It doesn't bother me that I spend 18-20 hours per day flat on my back in bed, unable to move... because I get lots of attention. I am always kept clean and comfortable on a rotating air mattress.  Delicious meals are always prepared and served to me in bed.  I am surrounded in my by my pets (4 Chihuahuas, a parakeet and a rabbit) plus pictures of dolphins all around my room. I have no stress or worries whatsoever.  People read to me and, most important, I have become an author of children's books.  The year 2011 is going to be a big year for me. I can feel it.  I hope you will all keep up with my progress on this website so you will see what I mean. I am a strong Christian. I love God, our Father in Heaven, and His Son, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. 
Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment